Date: Fri 27 Sep 2013

Late Winners for Deeside Duo

There were two late winners in the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League as Airbus UK and gap Connah's Quay made it a Friday Night Flintshire double.

Prestatyn Town 2-3 Airbus UK Broughton

A late Tom Field penalty extended Airbus' lead at the top of the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League in a five-goal thriller.

The Wingmakers took an early lead at Bastion Gardens, when Ryan Wade curled one in from just outside the penalty area. It was soon 2-0 to Andy Preece's side with James Owen scoring his first for the club to double the advantage.

Lee Hunt went close for the hosts just before the break, but the league leaders enjoyed a 2-0 lead at the interval.

Four minutes after the break, Town were celebrating as Hunt was brought down inside the box and the striker converted to halve the deficit. There was more to cheer in the 56th minute as Greg Stones restored parity to make it 2-2.

The Wingmakers responded by bringing Chris Simm on for James Owen and there was then the late drama, as Preece's side were awarded a penalty and Tom Field converted three minutes from time.

gap Connah's Quay 2-1 Bangor City

Mike Hayes scored the late Nomads winner (Nik Mesney)

Mike Hayes scored the late Nomads winner (Nik Mesney)

A 90th minute goal from Mike Hayes sealed the points for the Nomads, who trailed 1-0 at half-time.

The first chance of the evening fell in the 17th minute to Sion Edwards, but the winger was well denied by Terry McCormack in the Nomads goal.

It was the Bangor keeper Lee Idzi who was next tested by Hayes, but the Bangor gloveman denied the hosts.

Nomads made a change at the back on 32 minutes with Michael Robinson being replaced by Danny Dobbins and just seven minutes later Jack Rowlands put through his own net for the opening goal of the game. That was enough for Nev Powell's side to enjoy a slender half-time lead.

The Nomads had to wait until the 72nd minute to score their equaliser and it came from former Bangor striker Gary O'Toole. The forward started for the first time at the Deeside Stadium since his return to the Nomads and he scored his third League goal of the season, in just his second game, from the penalty spot.

As the game drew to a close, there were chances at both ends, but it was Hayes who capitalised on his to claim the three points.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala