Date: Fri 05 Oct 2012

Friday Night Wins for Aber, Bangor and Port Talbot

Seasiders off bottom with Lido Win

Aberystwyth Town 4-2 Afan Lido
The Seasiders took a 17th minute lead when centre-back Wyn Thomas handed the host's a perfect start. Another ex-Llanelli man Jordan Follows then continued his good scoring form as he doubled the advantage on 26 minutes. Thomas' evening turned for the worse just before the half-hour though, when injury saw him leave the field, to be replaced by Gavin Cadwallader. And it was the sub who made it 3-0 to Tomi Morgan's side just before the hour, although Lido pulled one back almost immediately through sub Chris Hartland to keep the game alive.

Veteran Glyndwr Hughes got the home fans singing again as the three-goal cushion was restored on 66 minutes, but Lido's never-say die attitude was evident again with Anthony Rawlings scoring to make it 4-2.

Simm Double for Five Star Bangor

Bangor City 5-0 Bala Town
Chris Simm scored a double as classy Bangor were simply too good for Bala in front of 700 spectators on an excellent surface at Nantporth.

It was the in-form local-lad Sion Edwards got the Citizens off to a flyer at the BookPeople Stadium as he struck with just three minutes on the clock to set the tone for the evening. It was soon 2-0 in front of the 700+ crowd, as Chris Jones doubled the advantage twenty minutes later. A maiden goal for full-back Liam Brownhill followed after a good team build-up and on the stroke of half-time, the League's leading scorer Chris Simm registered his seventh of his inaugural Welsh Premier campaign from the penalty spot as Nev Powell's team took a four-goal cushion in at the break.

With chances at both ends after the break, it wasn't until the 74th minute when the next chance was converted as Simm netted his brace.

John nets winner after Cann sees Red

Port Talbot Town 2-1 Carmarthen Town
Talbot captain Cortez Belle returned to the side after a month out injured to lead his side, which also contained the recalled Matty Crowell. It was goalless in the opening half with few chances and few incidents at the GenQuip Stadium.

But a penalty incident broke the deadlock as Leon Jeanne put Carmarthen ahead after Ryan Green fouled inside the penalty area. Parity was restored sixteen minutes from time as Carl Payne scored a screamer for the Steelmen. The match was turned on its head with two incidents in a three-minute period as Carmarthen 'keeper Steve Cann was sent-off on 80 minutes and the hosts then took the lead through Lee John.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala