Carmarthen Town 791


0 - 0

Bala Town

Carmarthen Town v
Bala Town

Kick off:14:30 Saturday, 5 Sept 2015
at Richmond Park
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League
Attendance: 226

Referee: Kris Hames

Report by Hannah Gwenllian (Bala Town FC)

In the basking September sunshine the shares were spoiled in Town´s second trip down to south Wales.
Looking to push on from Monday´s win v Airbus, Town added a point to their tally lifting them into 4th in the WPL table.
The visitors tested first in the opening spell of play with Connolly´s crossfield ball arriving to Sheridan but he didn´t gamble ahead of Idzi who leapt out of his six yard box to collect.
Both sides were playing at a high, bright tempo with the home side testing after 5 minutes as Liam Thomas latched on to a pass from the midfield, run into the area but Morris forced him away to recover the ball by the byline and his following cross was cleared away.
A fierce 25 yard effort stung Morris´ gloves from Kieran Lewis with 7 minutes on the clock.
Bailey ensured Hunt was kept quiet as he saw out the danger from Connolly´s throughball which Hunt latched on to skilfully. Harling couldn´t direct his freekick from 30 yards out to a gold shirt minutes later.
Tempers flared between Stephens and Harling but both were warned and play resumed.
Town´s best chance of the half fell to Artell who managed to get a touch on the corner swung in, beating Idzi but Lewis managed to get the slightest of touches to clear off the line.
Play was end to end with a scramble in the Town box leading to the home side firing over the crossbar. They then hit the bottom of the post with a daisycutter from the wing which beat Morris in the Town net.
Sheridan was clattered in the area in probably one of the most stonewall penalty decisions that supporters will see this weekend but referee Hames deemed that the Old Gold defender won the ball.
As the half neared to the interval the play began to get sloppy. Town´s corners we not beating the first man and play began to open up.
Hunt pounced on a free header but instead of glancing it, smashed it wide of the target in another golden opportunity.
He then had another chance at the end of the half when he struck the ball at Idzi for it rebound out but Smith who was running in mistimed the run and couldn´t bury the loose ball.
Chances continued in the second half but yet again the two Clubs failed to break the deadlock.
The home side were creating trouble for Bala with their pressure which was slowly building with the two main chances coming from a Murtagh mistake forcing Morris to deny Thomas before they hit the side netting a couple of minutes later from a freekick.
Jones and Hayes replaced Smith and Hunt which gave Bala a fresh impetuous.
Idzi palmed away Artell´s header from Irving´s delivery prior to Valentine pulling up due to a hamstring injury which saw Brown enter the fray.
Hayes and Brown linked up from Irving´s clearance but Bailey got rid of the threat.
A deflected strike from range by Jones led to a corner but nothing followed with the wall stopping a Carmarthen freekick at the other end.
Sheridan broke into the box late on for the resulting corner to be floated in by Pearson which didn´t test Idzi.
In injury time buildup by Bala allowed Hayes a path through but his moment of hesitation allowed the Carmarthen shotstopper to gather and ensuring the game stayed 0-0.
With plenty of opportunities created it bodes well for Town who were lacking their goalscoring boots today.