Bala Town 577


1 - 2


Bala Town v

Kick off:14:30 Saturday, 11 Apr 2015
at Maes Tegid
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League
Attendance: 177

Referee: Ryan Stewart

A below par second half performance sees Lakesiders falter against Robins.

It’s much of the same for the Lakesiders as everything stays in the table with both Town and Airbus dropping points.

Bala were the better side in the first 45 with Town dominating the majority of the chances.

Edwards brought down Smith early on conceding a freekick and getting booked in the process. The set piece was cleared with ease before Hunt’s rebounding chance sailing into Jones’ arms.

Sheridan and Hunt threatened again before Mark Connolly’s shot from 14 yards was saved

Town were playing at a very high tempo, not giving Newtown anytime on the ball but they forced Morris into a superb one handed save from a 20 yard freekick.

Bala broke the deadlock after 34 minutes when a dummy run by Mark Jones caused chaos in the Newtown defence for the ball to fall to a prowling Lee Hunt to drove the ball into the net.
Report by Bala Town.

The visitors rattled the post on 40 minutes before the ball fell back in the box for a massive goalmouth scramble but somehow Bala eventually managed to get it away.

As the 4th Official indicated a minute of injury time, Sheridan was floored in the box by the Newtown defender but Ryan Stewart waved the play away.

The second half was a different story with Newtown fighting back.

Luke Boundford headed over the crossbar from a break down the left before Kieran Smith curled a chance wide of the far upright after good work by Sheridan, Jones and Hunt.

The score was back level with an hour on the clock when Price swung in a freekick near post which Boundford wormed his way from markers, glancing his header into the net.

Newtown cranked up the pressure with Morris and Sean Smith joining together to make two successive goal-line clearances to deny Newtown.

With the pressure came Newtown’s winner as Jason Oswell collected the ball from the right wing cross to toe poke the ball in from 2 yards out.

Town became nervy as they tried to get back level. Edwards was shown a red card for his second booking for handball with Town awarded a freekick, but Bala couldn’t capitalise.

Substitute Mike Hayes nearly brought proceedings level a minute from time with a superb overhead kick but he couldn’t get his ball on target.

A disappointing result after such a bright first half but with Airbus also losing down in Port Talbot there is still plenty to play for!