Bala Town 577


2 - 4

Carmarthen Town

Bala Town v
Carmarthen Town

Kick off:14:30 Saturday, 19 Oct 2013
at Maes Tegid, Bala
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League
Attendance: 170

Referee: Nick Pratt

Old Gold come from behind to Beat Bala

Goals galore at Maes Tegid

Action from the match (Bala Town Photo)

Action from the match (Bala Town Photo)

A very wet Maes Tegid witnessed 3 goals in the first 25 minutes as Bala Town looked to continue their two-match unbeaten run.

After both sides showed their support for Show Racism the Red Card´s Fortnight of Action, Bala started brightly with Ryan Valentine sending his chance wide in the opening minute.

The opening goal came on 4 minutes as Town broke and Steven Cann fumbled the initial shot which Stef Edwards tapped home to make it 1-0. Bala then had a chance cleared off the line but it was soon 1-1 as Morley lost possession and Christian Doidge pounced and equalised.

The Old Gold took the lead a minute later as a mistake down the right led to a break which was tapped in but took a deflection by Morley. Stef Edwards and Mark Jones had their shots put wide and saved but down the other end Collins cleared a Carmarthen chance off the line.

Ian Sheridan had a golden opportunity to make it 2-2 as he brought the ball down on his chest, turned and volleyed it against the bar. Both sides then put chances over the bar before Bala were awarded a penalty as Smith was pulled down in the box.

Connolly stepped up but his soft shot was saved comfortably, so Carmarthen went in up 1-2 at the break.

Bala began the second half brightly again with a Sheridan shot glancing the bar again and then a cross from Stu Jones narrowly missed Connolly´s head by inches.

Carmarthen put a cracking cross from the right but Ash Morris got there before Liam Thomas. Thomas however did make it 3-1 as a freekick came into the box which a Town defender sliced and Thomas pounced on.

Stef Edwards near post goal-line clearance wasn´t enough to slop the visitors from scoring a 4th when Hicks headed the rebound into the net.

Bala were still creating chances and playing tidy football but couldn´t break down the strong visiting defence.

The Lakesiders were awarded a freekick on the edge of the area which Connolly curled into the box for substitute Ste Brown got on the end of to make it 2-4.