Bangor City 788


1 - 4

Aberystwyth Town

Bangor City v
Aberystwyth Town

Kick off:14:30 Saturday, 28 Oct 2006
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League
Attendance: 371

Referee: Andrew Richards

Awesome Foursome for Seasiders

<1>Aberystwyth travelled to Farrar Road cautious of the fact that their visitors had thumped a good Port Talbot side the previous week, but it was the Citizens who were on the wrong end of a convincing victory today. With 'keeper Richard Morgan injured, the visitors handed a debut to Karl Lewis, a former West Bromwich Albion youth who recently transferred from Hereford United. With skipper Aneurin Thomas suspended, the new centreback pairing of Sion James and Dai Burrows worked well for the Seasiders and it was from this defensive rock that Town shaped their side.

<2r>The opening goal was spectacular as midfielder Geraint Passmore scored with a 35 yard volley from the right-wing after twenty minutes. He created the goal himself after winning the ball in midfield before rifling it past the helpless Bangor goalkeeper Ian Havard. Aber were dominating with some superb football and Passmore and Bari Morgan controlled the middle of the park. Aber had further chances as Craig Jones had two or three chipped efforts dip just over the crossbar. Just before the break Bangor handed a debut to former Man. Utd. starlet David Neville in midfield.

The second half started brighter with former Aber man, Marc Lloyd-Williams and Paul Roberts threatening with a counter attack, but after 57 minutes the visitors doubled their lead when a neat ball was cut-in after a Craig Jones free-kick on the right and Andy Evans headed the ball home. Bangor replied soon after with a wicked deflection from a Mike Walsh shot, which flew off Sion James' head, leaving the Aber keeper stranded. Bangor appeared to be battling back but were dealt a killer blow when Matt Roberts won the ball on the left, playing in brother Stuart, who battled past two defenders to square for Luke Sherbon (above left) to restore the two goal advantage on 70 minutes. Citizens' Adam Docker received his marching orders for a second bookable offence before Passmore grabbed his second to round off the scoring. Sion Edwards (right )was also dismissed for the home side and the dismissals added to the woes of the home side on an afternoon they'd rather forget.