Airbus UK FC 686


1 - 1

CPD Porthmadog

Airbus UK FC v
CPD Porthmadog

Kick off:14:30 Saturday, 28 Oct 2006
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League
Attendance: 83

Referee: Phil Southall

Sudlow Strike gains a point for Wingmakers

<2>The game got off to a scrappy start, and continued in the same vein for much of the 90 minutes. Neither side really managed to get the ball down on the deck and play good passing football and it was Port who enjoyed the lion's share of play during the opening 45 minutes. But for all their possession, their goal-scoring opportunities were quite limited during this spell. Port 'Keeper, Richard Harvey was hardly tested by Airbus, with Port coming close twice in the first half, both chances falling to Carl Owen (left).

The first coming on nine minutes when Owen turned well on the edge of the box, and attempted to lob the keeper. The second chance on goal led to Port's opener on 27 minutes. Owen received the ball in a central position in front of goal and headed past his marker into the box before chipping the Adam McGhee, the Airbus 'keeper to put Port in front in fine style.

Porthmadog continued to press for the reminder of the first half, but failed to create any real clear cut goal scoring opportunities. Chances at the other end were even more sparse - James Hussaney looking the most dangerous for the hosts but lacked support up front in the first 45.

<1r>As in many other games of late, Port failed to continue the momentum from the first half, and Airbus took charge after the interval. Gareth Owen and Darren Williams both came close before the hour mark, and Airbus could have drawn level but for some wayward shooting. However, this was only a stay of execution for them. On 63 minutes Airbus drew level as Gareth Sudlow (right )netted following a scramble after Gareth Owen's free kick. Three minutes later, Harvey was again called to action to deny
Darren Williams after a Steve Futcher cross.

At this stage, it seemed that Airbus would be the most likely to add to their score, as they continued to press. Port, on the other hand, continued to be frustrated by calls for off-side, and didn't really look like scoring until the last ten minutes of the game. During this spell Gareth Parry and sub Kevin Roberts both tested McGee and then, in the dying minutes of the 90, Carl Owen got an opportunity to give Port the win. He received the ball in the box but he was desperately unlucky to see his shot, which had beaten the keeper, being denied by the post.